Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Having an inclusive school culture is at the core of our model.
This means instilling values that create:
- A caring community
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Respect for the role and voices of our families
- Our school model is diverse by design. We welcome all to the Enlighten Academy Charter School community.
- Our definition of equity is that every child is given exactly what they need to succeed.
- Our learners will be exposed to literature that is representative of the communities we serve.
- Our staff will be role models reflecting the culture, communities, and families that we serve.
A sampling of the books our children will see - widely diverse, multicultural, promoting peace and social justice all building toward a bright future for our children and communities.
(click below to see)
Download below, a detailed book list with details based on Sustainable Development Goals, reflecting the values of the Enlighten Academy Charter School Community: